MapRun6 - Version 6 of MapRun
The latest version of MapRun is now available in the Play Store and App Store.
It has been released as a separate App: MapRun6 so that it can co-exist with MapRunF as it is progressively adopted by users. Ultimately, MapRun/MapRunF/MapRun6 will be rationalised.
Key features of MapRun6
- Enhanced responsiveness in getting an initial GPS fix and getting the best possible tracking throughout the run (uses multiple location feeds). For more details
- Strava login problems have been resolved and you can now set whether your track is uploaded to Strava: Always, Prompt each time, or Never.
- See not only all results in the current event, but also all results in all Events
- Return to the last event folder visited (if you are often getting your events from the same folder)
- The punch sound on an iPhone is now the same whether the phone is awake or asleep
- Events can be sent to MapRunG without requiring the PIN (even if the event is locked with a PIN). This is to allow runners to get the event onto their watch before coming to the event.
- A button on the run screen recentres the map on the Start (useful it the map has been panned off the screen)
- Events can now use QR Codes for punching (mainly for permanent courses)
- “Show Me”: Events can be set that allow the runner to tap a “Show Me” button a set number of times to display their current location (great for beginners).
- More Scoring Schemes - This is achieved by “parameter-based” scoring (ScoreP), where the organiser can set 10 individual parameters to create their own custom scoring scheme
- Date Ranges for Events - Events can be set with dates ranges for: 1. to run in the event, 2. to see the results table and 3. to see runners tracks. (eg don’t show anyone’s tracks until the end of the allowed window of participation)
- Map and Control Display
- Events can now be set where the map and course is not shown at all on the phone, or
- If shown, whether controls are visible: Always, Only after punching or Never
- These options are to support “Radio Direction Finder”-type events and novelty events where a clue sheet leads to the next control etc.
For discussion about MapRun6 please use the MapRun Forum topic on MapRun6
See the full Release Notes here.