MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch
Run in a MapRun event with just your Garmin Watch. Get a beep/buzz at each control and see your track and results on your phone, as per normal, at the end of your run.
At the finish, your watch syncs with Garmin Connect (as per normal) which passes the punches and track firstly to Garmin and then to the MapRun server. Then on your phone, in MapRun6, your results will be available as if you had just run with the Phone. (It may take a few minutes for the data sync to Garmin Connect).
- Check that your Garmin Watch is capable of running Apps, that it is paired with your phone and connected to Garmin Connect, and that you are using MapRun6 on your phone.
- Install MapRunG from the Garmin Connect IQ store.
- Use the Settings in MapRun6 to turn on Watch Mode and enter the ID of your watch. Then login to your Garmin account to give MapRun permission to access your runs
- Select the event in the normal way in MapRun6 and instead of “Go to Start”, tap “Send Event to my Garmin Watch”. Ensure you have Garmin Connect running on your phone and start the MapRunG App on the watch to download the selected event. Confirm that the event is the correct one. MapRunG remembers the last event you downloaded.
- When you are ready, tap the Start/Stop button on your watch and run the event, the same as you would with your phone.
- After punching F1, tap Start/Stop on your watch to select “Finish” and then sync your track to Garmin Connect (normally automatic).
- In MapRun6 on your phone, select “Show Results” > “Get track from Garmin”. Select the track, and your results will be presented (and uploaded) as if you had run with your phone.
MapRunG - Now Available to Download!
We are excited to announce that MapRunG is now available and ready to download for all compatable Garmin smart watches! MapRunG is an exciting new addition to the MapRun family and works alongside the latest version of the MapRunF App. This video will help get you up and running quickly with MapRunG, however a full extensive user guide can be found on the MapRun website. http://maprunners.weebly.com/maprung.htmlPosted by MapRun on Friday, July 10, 2020
For the details on individual releases, and to find the latest release, see: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/05fa6a5e-e9e6-4865-8b3b-0b8a3c64eeba#0